Let us be your guide the best wine regions in Provence. WineInProvence has personal connections with wineries located in several different areas of Provence including Aix-en-Provence, Cassis, Bandol, Les Baux de Provence & Saint Rémy, and Châteauneuf-du-Pape. We are able to host private winery tours and tastings, accommodating both small and large-sized groups.
With vineyards scattered around the base of Cezanne’s famous Mount Saint Victoire, wine tasting in this region is a feast for your eyes as well as your palette.Full Details on Aix-en-Provence
Châteauneuf-du-Pape is a world famous wine region where you’ll visit some of the oldest cellars in all of France and view ancient ruins from the 13th Century Popes’ summer castle.Full Details on Châteauneuf-du-Pape
The wines produced in this region are big, full-bodied, fruity reds, and rosé coming from Bandol rivals those found around Aix-en-Provence (you will also taste white wines in Bandol).Full Details on Bandol
Classified as two of the most picturesque villages in all of France, wine & olive oil tasting in Les Baux de Provence and St. Rémy offer visitors the chance to sip amazing wine in stunning surroundings.Full Details on Les Baux & St. Rémy
All tours include the following:
- English-speaking wine expert
- Transportation to/from your hotel
- Visit of at least 3 wineries (4-6 on full-day tours)
- Tour of barrel room and production facilities
- Guided tasting at each winery we visit
- Walk through the vineyards (weather dependent) and discussion of grape-growing and harvesting process
- Personal wine-tasting guide to take home
- Answers to all of your wine questions!
- A guaranteed fun and educational time!
160€ per person
10% discount when reserving groups of 4 or more people for half-day tours
2 People: 350€ per person
3 People: 300€ per person
4+ People: 250€ per person
Guaranteed private tour, lunch included for all full day tours
All prices are for pickup and drop-off in the Aix-en-Provence area. If you need pick-up and/or drop-off in a different location, there may be an additional transportation fee.
Half Day Tours:
1:00pm – 6:30pm
Visit of 3 wineries
Full Day Tours:
9:00am – 6:30pm
Visit of 4-5 wineries, lunch included
These times are approximate and can change slightly depending on your hotel location and the region selected for your tour.
Wine Tour Reservations
All of our Wine in Provence Wine Tours are customized. Please fill out the form below to start setting up your tour.
What’s the difference between a half-day and a full-day?
- A half-day typically runs in the afternoon from around 1:00pm – 6:30pm, whereas a full-day runs from around 9:00am – 6:30pm.
- A half-day includes visits to 3 wineries, whereas a full-day usually includes visits to 4-6 wineries as well as more in-depth discovery of the region and its wineries.
- A half-day does not include lunch. A full-day includes lunch at a restaurant or a gourmet picnic.
- A half-day costs 160 Euros per person. A full-day costs between 250-350 Euros per person depending on group size.
- Half-day tours are only able to visit one region. Full-day tours have the possibility to visit multiple regions depending on the regions requested (to find out more, see the details for each region).
- A half-day tour is open for other guests to join the group. A full-day is reserved private for just your group, no matter the size (unless requested otherwise).
Note: A full-day tour is a wonderful experience and a great way to really get to know the wines of Provence, but it is not for everybody. If your group can handle a full-day of wine tasting (morning and afternoon), then it’s perfect for you. However, we find that, for certain clients, a full-day of wine tasting can be exhausting both mentally and physically. We encourage you to discuss the options with all members of your group before deciding on a full-day tour.
Can we visit more than one region?
Half-day tours are only able to visit one region. Full-day tours have the possibility to visit multiple regions depending on the regions requested (to find out more, see the details for each region).
Which is the best region to visit?
There is no simple answer to this question! We strongly suggest that you read carefully the descriptions of the different regions provided and make your decision based on that. Either way, whichever region you choose is guaranteed to be a great experience!